Tandemic is a team of passionate people with backgrounds in investment, entrepreneurship, design, and advertising dedicated to creating change in the world by putting new ideas and latest technology to work for social causes.Tandemic is a leading organisation behind the maker movement and has built Malaysia’s largest volunteering network. For its work, Tandemic was named Malaysia’s Most Youth-Friendly Company.
At Tandemic, through our Makeweekends, you will impact thousands across multiple communities by promoting creative thinking and social innovation.
About Our Work Culture
Tandemic is an exciting, demanding and fun place to work. We’re looking for creative problem solvers who will help us take us from a movement of thousands to tens of thousands nationwide and around the world. We’re looking for people who will take the lead in defining our direction and help us get there.
The Makeweekend Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all the details required to roll out a Makeweekend smoothly are in place and operating efficiently. Under general direction,Makeweekend Coordinator plans and executes the overall implementation of Makeweekend’s workshops.
- Overseeing and managing timeline of Makeweekend and related events.
- Strategising and striking up collaborations and partnerships for Makeweekend.
- Managing and coordinating supplier and partner engagements.
- Conducting tactical planning and implementation for Makeweekend and related events.
- Coordinating project staff and scheduling to ensure that events do not conflict with each other and completed within the project schedules.
- Manage and coordinate Makeweekend workshops to ensure project timelines are followed closely and deadlines are met.
- Manage the scope of stakeholder requests to ensure timely and efficient delivery while meeting stated objectives.
- Coordinate events and act as a central point of contact and event planning/scheduling for the team.
- Facilitate planning meetings and Makeweekend events when required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and work assignments
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision.
- be willing to travel and work occasional weekends.
- Previous experience in public relations, event planning, marketing.
- Knowledge of website development, graphic design, photography & videography.
- Active user of Twitter and Facebook.
- A board games genius (yes, we are serious!)
For more information or to apply, contact Nithtia at [email protected]